Silver Ink Pot Offline
Super Moderator

The forum seems to be having a few glitches with Apple products. Let us know on this thread if you are having difficulties logging in with Safari, iPads, or other Apple devices.

Also do NOT try to test this unless have another computer or device to log back in with, and don't automatically follow the "ask for a new password" prompt if you can't log in with Apple. That function doesn't seem to be working on Apple devices, so just don't do it! You will end up locked out and possibly having to make a new account.

Someone was having trouble logging in, so to troubleshoot I tried it on an iPad, and it kept rejecting my user name and password. This hasn't happened before so perhaps it is due to some security upgrade on iPad.

What seems to work is using your Email and password - and that should take you to the Captcha page where you have to type in both words you see there with a space in between.

You can also try:

1) Using a different browser on the iPad, such as Chrome or Firefox. I haven't tested this yet, so can't say if it will help or not.

2) Clearing your history or cookies. You do that by going to the "Settings" App on iPad, then going to Safari. More Here:
http://www.theipadguide.com/faq/how-do-i...farichrome

3) Try logging in on a different computer.

The New Improved Harry Potter Lexicon
Facebook / Twitter

[Image: Snape%20-%20Doe.png]
Required Reading: What is a Forum Moderator?
"It's not the loudest voice that prevails in a courtroom. It's the Constitution."
~ Bob Ferguson, Washington State AG
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 08:24 PM by Silver Ink Pot.)
04-09-2014 08:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malevolent_Bat Offline
Upside-Down Observer

RE: Log In Problems
In the comments on deathtocapslock livejournal hwyla and David wrote that they have problems with logging in here. Seems that David can't access this Captcha page, either... >.<'

[Image: sigpic12867_1.gif]

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious
09-10-2016 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Silver Ink Pot Offline
Super Moderator

(09-10-2016 07:02 PM)Malevolent_Bat Wrote:  In the comments on deathtocapslock livejournal hwyla and David wrote that they have problems with logging in here. Seems that David can't access this Captcha page, either... >.<'

I will let Nicc know about these problems. Not sure if the forum needs an update or what, but I'm sorry if anyone is having trouble getting in right now!

Facebook / Twitter

"It's not the loudest voice that prevails in a courtroom. It's the Constitution."
09-12-2016 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Olwen Online
Super Moderator

Is there a captcha on here? I didn't think there was. Nicc was talking about installing one, but I don't think he did. I've never encountered one when I log out. On Apple products, I've noticed the problem is coming from auto fill. It placed the user name into the password box and I couldn't log in until I retyped it properly and then it saved it to keychain. After that, I use the autofill feature and don't have a problem.

"I'll be a story in your head. But that's ok. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know, it was the best: a daft old man, who stole a magic box and ran away." -The Eleventh Doctor
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016 08:34 PM by Olwen.)
09-13-2016 08:32 PM
Silver Ink Pot Offline
Super Moderator

(09-13-2016 08:32 PM)Olwen Wrote:  Is there a captcha on here? I didn't think there was. Nicc was talking about installing one, but I don't think he did. I've never encountered one when I log out. On Apple products, I've noticed the problem is coming from auto fill. It placed the user name into the password box and I couldn't log in until I retyped it properly and then it saved it to keychain. After that, I use the autofill feature and don't have a problem.

I think you're right and we never actually had Captcha installed.

Recently my computer died and I had to switch to a laptop so none of my passwords were saved and I had to type them in again. Then Firefox wouldn't save them in the computer until I turned on that feature in Options. And I think I had to allow Pop-Ups for each website with passwords, too, so it turned into this whole big deal. Rolleyes But it's worth it not to have to log in every time.

There could be many things causing problems for people on individual browsers. And every time Windows 10 or Flash have updates, there is a whole panoply of things that don't work anymore.

Facebook / Twitter

09-14-2016 08:23 AM
Malevolent_Bat Offline
Upside-Down Observer

I don't know, David (using another name there) wrote this:

They keep asking me to pass this non-bot test ("Please fill out the image verification code to continue. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.") WHICH NEVER ACTUALLY SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN.

I hope they will be able to join us again...

[Image: sigpic12867_1.gif]

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious
09-14-2016 10:52 AM
Olwen Online
Super Moderator

I'm at a loss here. My hard drive crashed and so I had to retype all my passwords when I installed a new one, but I've never encountered the message David is getting. I just checked a welcome thread Nicc wrote when HPN went online several years ago. He says there's a recaptcha installed, so I guess that's where the error is coming from. I just don't remember seeing it and I've been through two laptops and a hard drive, but could be my memory. I'll send him a PM and tell him about David and Hwyla, if you could pass that along, Malevolent Bat.

"I'll be a story in your head. But that's ok. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know, it was the best: a daft old man, who stole a magic box and ran away." -The Eleventh Doctor
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016 10:44 PM by Olwen.)
09-14-2016 10:38 PM
Silver Ink Pot Offline
Super Moderator

(09-14-2016 10:38 PM)Olwen Wrote:  I'm at a loss here. My hard drive crashed and so I had to retype all my passwords when I installed a new one, but I've never encountered the message David is getting. I just checked a welcome thread Nicc wrote when HPN went online several years ago. He says there's a recaptcha installed, so I guess that's where the error is coming from. I just don't remember seeing it and I've been through two laptops and a hard drive, but could be my memory. I'll send him a PM and tell him about David and Hwyla, if you could pass that along, Malevolent Bat.

Whatever message he's getting may be a browser or connection problem on his end, since it's not showing up on the screen. David should try logging in on another computer or in another location.

Facebook / Twitter

09-16-2016 06:19 PM
David W. Offline
Resident Lurker

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I HAVE FINALY MADE IT BACK.

« L'homme n'est qu'un roseau, le plus faible de la nature, mais c'est un roseau *pensant*. Il ne faut pas que l'univers entier s'arme pour l'écraser; une vapeur, une goutte d'eau suffit pour le tuer. Mais quand l'univers l'écraserait, l'homme serait encore plus noble que ce qui le tue, parce qu'il sait qu'il meurt et l'avantage que l'univers a sur lui; l'univers n'en sait rien. »

( “Man is but a reed, the most feeble thing in nature; but he is a *thinking* reed. The entire universe need not arm itself to crush him: a vapour, a drop of water suffices to kill him. But, if the universe were to crush him, man would still be more noble than that which killed him, because he knows that he dies and the advantage which the universe has over him; the universe knows nothing of this.” )

— Blaise Pascal

“如果你此生有幸,可以得到他的一个承诺。”

( “If you are truly blessed in this life, you might get a promise out of him.” )

— Caption on a Severus Snape splash-page from MovieView magazine, issue #412

02-26-2017 11:46 PM